Full-Time Texas Health Compliance and Privacy Program Director Denton Texas
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Compliance and Privacy Program Director
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Program Director of Compliance and Privacy to join the Administration Team.
This position will split time between two locations:
Primary Location – Texas Health Denton – The address is 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76201.
Secondary Location – Texas Health Alliance – The address is 10864 Texas Health Trail, Fort Worth TX 76244.
Salary: Min $41.13 – Max $65.67, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
The Program Director of Compliance and Privacy will oversee, lead and administer the hospital compliance and privacy programs consistent with Texas Health Resources policies.
The essential job functions of this position are:
Organization and Oversight:
• Serve as Chair for Entity Compliance Committee and Privacy Committee for assigned entities.
Communication and Training:
• Communicate the importance of compliance and compliance program to senior management, the hospital Board of Trustees, the entity compliance committee, and hospital employees.
• Increase knowledge of the relationship between services provided to patients, medical record documentation, reimbursement, and audit liability, and other pertinent compliance topics.
• Develop and/or implement education programs addressing compliance and privacy.
• Work in cooperation with Central Business Office and the THR Billing Compliance Committee on matters related to the hospital Chargemaster, billing and/or charging matters.
• Maintain specific knowledge and skills related to the THR Code of Business Ethics necessary to answering questions and providing guidance to hospital personnel on business ethics questions or concerns.
• Work in coordination with the THR Privacy Officer as needed to carry out privacy initiatives and activities.
• Lead hospital department leaders and staff in coordination of efforts pertaining to audits and/or compliance-related matters and topics.
• Motivate staff to use a variety of mediums and facilitate an atmosphere of teamwork and common goal achievement.
Policies, Procedures, and Standards
• Oversee the application of THR System Compliance policies.
• Oversee the application of THR Privacy Program policies taking appropriate steps to mitigate damage from breach of privacy policies and practices, when necessary.
• Identify and assess areas of compliance and privacy-related risk and related internal controls for these risk areas.
Monitoring, Auditing, and Enforcement:
• Oversee entity compliance and privacy monitoring and auditing activities and coordinate as needed with THR System Compliance staff.
• Communicate audit/monitoring findings.
• Monitor the day-to-day activities of the hospitals to further its compliance objectives. Conduct and oversee investigations as appropriate.
• Coordinate investigations with legal counsel and THR System Compliance Officer for major violations of law or policy.
• Oversee and follow-up, as applicable, implement corrective actions to investigations and other issues generated by the compliance and privacy programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Bachelors Degree in healthcare related field preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions in a multi-hospital environment including experience in compliance and health information privacy regulations, policies and processes.
• Understanding of revenue cycle and reimbursement for federally funded programs and private payers required.
• Prior Compliance or Privacy Officer Experience a plus.
• CHC – Certified in Healthcare Compliance upon hire preferred.
• Knowledge of industry standards Medicare/Medicaid.
• Regulatory standards for affected area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement and change management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7d6733rjbrm2q5dx